Another Successful Audit!
Following an intense 2-day audit, the Vitrition team are pleased to announce that we have retained our Global Standard for Food AA status! Vitrition are committed to having the best practices in place ensure that our customers can have complete confidence in the products that we manufacture. We ensure that all of our products are made to the highest standards to adhere to the strictest of industry requirements. This is a fantastic endorsement of the time and hard work that goes in to maintaining our quality standards.
The Global Standard for Food Safety is developed by food industry experts from retailers, manufacturers and food service organisations to ensure it is rigorous and detailed, yet easy to understand.
First published in 1998, the Food Safety Standard is now in its eighth issue and is well-established globally. It has evolved with input from many leading global specifiers.
It provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
The Standard focuses on:
- encouraging development of product safety culture;
- expanding the requirements for environmental monitoring to reflect the increasing importance of this technique;
- encouraging sites to further develop systems for security and food defence;
- adding clarity to the requirements for high-risk, high-care and ambient high-care production risk zones;
- providing greater clarity for sites manufacturing pet food; and
- ensuring global applicability and bench-marking to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).